With only a few exceptions, the Northern Sierra Air Quality Management District requires all gasoline dispensing facilities, both retail and non-retail, to be equipped with a Phase I and Phase II vapor recovery system. All new facilities and all major modifications to existing facilities must be done under the authority of an Air District permit. The Authority to Construct application form can be obtained by clicking here. Click here for a fillable Authority to Construct form. If you have any questions regarding your need for a permit or equipment requirements, contact Joe Fish at (530) 274-9360, ext 103.
The following District rules govern the storage, transportation and distribution of gasoline:
- Rule 213 – Storage of Gasoline Products
- Rule 214 – Phase I Vapor Recovery Requirements
- Rule 215 – Phase II Vapor Recovery System Requirements
- Rule 216 – Delivery Vessels Equipped with Vapor Recovery
- Rule 217 – Delivery Vessels Not Equipped with Vapor Recovery
- Rule 218 – Vapor Collection and Disposal System at Loading Facilities
- Rule 219 – Storage of Gasoline Products at Bulk Facilities
- Rule 220 – New or Modified Bulk Petroleum Facilities
To learn more about vapor recovery visit the California Air Resources Board’s excellent vapor recovery website by clicking here.
EVR costs getting you down? Hey, there is money available for EVR upgrades. Click here to get your piece of the pie!!