Start Date: APRIL 9, 2016
The Air District is offering a change-out program to qualified homeowners within the Greater Portola PM2.5 Non-attainment Area in Plumas County, California for replacement of non-EPA certified wood stoves with new, efficient, cleaner burning EPA certified devices. This program is funded by the U.S. EPA’s 2015 Targeted Air Shed Grant Program, the District’s AB2766 program and other agencies. This 5-year voluntary program is only available to residents within the non-attainment area (see map below).
The Air District will begin accepting applications on April 9, 2016.
Is your current stove EPA certified?? Click here to find out! If your stove is NOT certified, you may be eligible to participate.
Read the full Press Release.Are you considering replacing your old, smoky wood stove for a cleaner burning appliance that will heat your home more efficiently with less fuel, money and time? If you are interested in the Greater Portola Area Wood Stove Change-out Program, read the following criteria carefully.
- Must currently have an installed, operating qualified wood burning stove or fireplace.
- Must submit a completed application to be considered for the program. Applications will be disqualified:
- IF the old device is removed from the home prior to application approval.
- IF the new certified device is purchased before application approval.
- IF any information on the application is false of incomplete
- Installation must be completed by a District-approved Retailer.
Funding varies based on where the home is located:
- If you have determined you live in Zone 1, download an application: NSAQMD Application Zone 1
- If you have determined you live in Zone 2, download an application: NSAQMD Application Zone 2
To view a map of the Portola Federal PM2.5 Non-Attainment area, click here. If you want to view the non-attainment area using Google Earth, see below.