Before You Burn, Try Alternatives First.
- Reduces smoke pollution
- Creates rich, fertile soils
- Reduces landfill waste
- Easy and effective way to dispose of leaves and pine needles
For more information on composting call the Nevada County Master Composters program at (530) 273-0919.
- An effective treatment of limbs, branches, leaves, pine needles and vegetation.
- Creates valuable landscaping material used for mulch and weed suppression.
- Chipping/shredding service may be offered in some areas*.
*The Nevada County Fire Safe Council has a “suggested donation” Chipping and Shredding Program in Western Nevada County. Call (530) 272-1122 for availability and more information.
- Waste Management of Nevada County offers a very affordable greenwaste pickup program. Contact Waste Management at (530) 274-3090 for details.